Azurea was founded in 1914, and began by focusing on the production of small parts for watchmaking. In 1932, in an effort to become more self-sufficient and to better manage its own production, Célestin Konrad―Azurea’s founder―decided to manufacture smooth plug gauges.
This production was favorably received by bar-turning companies in the region, and production subsequently expanded internationally.
The manufacture of plug gauges remained the responsibility of a small department until 1998, when the Board of Directors decided to spin it off as a company in its own right, under the name Azurea Jauges SA.
Thanks to its success, new premises needed to be found, and the company moved to Belprahon in 2002.
Today, Azurea Jauges SA has a dozen employees and is constantly developing.